Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pocketful Of Sunshine


Bedingfield, Natasha



Review by : Radiobuster

I’ll admit, I bought this album thinking that it would be a continuation of the songs on her first album “Unwritten”, catchy tunes with fun lyrics. This collection of songs is nothing like the first album, but that is not a bad thing. These songs grow on you in spite of them being nothing like the songs on Unwritten. The lyrics are deeper and three songs are particularly uplifting, “Pocketful of Sunshine”, “Happy”, and “Freckles”. The latter (”Freckles”) is an inspiring tune about acceptance of one’s own quirks and stands out as one of her better songs. If you are a true Natasha Bedingfield fan, you’ll find yourself singing along with these tunes in no time. I’m giving this CD 4 out of 5 because I believe Unwritten was a slightly better album musically, (Or, maybe it’s because “Unwritten” was her first-born and I’m playing favorites). Don’t let that deter you from buying this album. There is plenty to love about this collection and Natasha Bedingfield does deliver her unique artistry in Pocketful of Sunshine.

Review by : louise4646

I had never heard of this singer until I saw her on the Early Show, Just love her singing and the CD is excellent. Great meaningful songs, easy listening, and would reccomend it to everyone…going to buy her other CD’s now that I have heard this one. Favorite song on this CD is “Love Like This”. Her voice is sexual, throaty, with sorta rasp and beautiful!

No comments: